Ref #: DRC 2020/277
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
- Scanning DRC SL financial documents
- Checking, verifying and insure that all documents are complete
- Filling and labelling all financial documents
- Arrange documents as serial numbering
- Caring scan machine
- Stamping all financial documents for the receipt date
Education, experience & technical competencies
- Secondary / Diploma in Business administration or equivalent certificate.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Somali
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position with an international organization preferably
- Some prior knowledge of computer literacy
- Very honest and trustworthy person
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: 1st August 2020
Duty station: Hargeisa
Reporting to: Team Leader- Finance
Duration: One Month and Less than
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested & qualified candidates who their updated CV and a 1-page Cover post to SOM-HRG-JOBS@DRC.NGO than 5th July 2020 @4:30PM EAT
Meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the with the subject heading “Scanning Document” Hargeisa not later 5th July 2020 @4:30PM EAT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.