Ref #: DRC 2020/278
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The main objective of this announcement is to get qualified enumerators/data collectors’ roster to undertake
comprehensive assessments, Surveys and other routing data collection activities that are being implemented by Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in Somaliland. In addition. Successful candidates will participate in data collection activities; assessments/surveys for DRC Somaliland area programme.
- Attend training and briefing sessions organized by the Monitoring and Evaluation focal person before the data collection.
- Conduct household surveys, key informant interviews and focus group discussions as instructed by the Monitoring and Evaluation focal person.
- Collect and accurately record all required data using the data collection tools provided the Monitoring and Evaluation focal person and other program staff.
- Follow the guidelines and rules of the data collection and specific guidelines developed for each data collection process.
- Ensure the adhere to DRC code of conduct (CoC) annexed to the enumerator contract and Ensure completeness of data forms for accuracy & consistency immediately following data collection Complete and submit all planned tasks in the required time frame to focal person
- Do not harm the respondents and other indirect beneficiaries.
Education, experience & technical competencies
- University Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, and other related fields.
- Knowledge on the local environment and community dynamics
- Ability to collect and gather information in an objective way
- Actively listener who captures exact response from respondents.
- Basic understanding of applications on mobile technology and computers.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in both Somali and English.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: 1st August 2020 2020
Duty station: All Somaliland Regions (M/Jeex, Sahil, Awdal, Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag)
Reporting to: MEAL Officer
Duration: One Month and Less than
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and name of position/location they are interested. All applications must be sent to SOM-HRG-JOBS@DRC.NGO with the subject heading “Enumerator and Location” not later than 5th July 2020 @4:30PM EAT. Applications not sent to above stated email will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.