Ref #: DRC2020/274
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
Ensure that the office/guesthouse and other work/residential areas are clean.
➢ DAILY CLEANING
- Sweep the floor and stairs (taking care not to damage electrical equipment on the floor such as electric wires, extension cords etc)
- Wash the floors, stairs and other interior areas thoroughly
- Dust the desks, walls, doors and cupboards
- Ensure thorough cleanness & neatness of all offices/guesthouse rooms
- Clean toilets and wash rooms thoroughly twice a day – use disinfectants for sink and toilet
- Clear and dispose the rubbish from office/guesthouse – Ensure that all rubbish/trash is hygienically disposed of, particularly from the kitchen & toilet/washroom areas
- Maintain the veranda and garden areas around in the office/guesthouse
- Inform the line manager of any repairs or replacements required of maintenance equipment
- Complete all cleaning according to attached cleaning checklist
- Monthly planning of procurement of all cleaning items is to be submitted to the line manager
- Make tea and coffee in the office/guesthouse for staff, guests/visitors and/or official meetings/occasions
➢ WEEKLY CLEANING
- Clean windows and window sills
- Dust and wipe all horizontal surfaces, shelves, etc.
- Spray insecticides inside offices/guesthouse rooms and toilets on every Thursday – as early as 2hrs from start of business
➢ MONTHLY CLEANING
- Dust light fixtures
- Clean ceiling cobwebs
- Clean water dispensers and maintain water bottles
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Education, experience & technical competencies
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Somali
- Ability to read and understand cleaning product directions
- Enthusiastic, good interpersonal skills and trustworthy
- Basic literacy skill (reading and writing)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: 1st August 2020
Duty station: Hargeisa
Reporting to: Team leader- HR & Admin
Duration: Casual Basis, One month and less than
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post and you should submit the hard copy to DRC Hargeisa Office, Ibrahim Koodbur, Maansoor Area at 063 4464014 with the subject heading “Cleaner” not later than 5th July 2020. @4:30PM EAT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.